Friday, June 10, 2011

A Confection Named Clear Stream

I don’t fish but I remember that my father took me to the river for fishing when I was a kid. My father loves sweet-fish fishing. One of the popular fishing methods for sweet fish is decoy fishing. You use a real sweet fish for a decoy. You put a decoy on the line and maneuver it with a very long rod. You lead the decoy into a territory of wild sweet fish. The wild fish tries to attack your decoy and will be caught on a hook from the decoy. Isn’t it interesting? Now the season for sweet fish has just started in Japan and my father has been to the first fishing of the year.


Konnichiwa, it’s meヽ(^。^)ノ The other day, I went to my favorite confectionary shop in my town, called Azumaken. The confection I got this time was named seiryu 清流 or clear stream.




I think how they express the water is superb. You can see the fish warped as they would be in water. This confection really pictures the scenery of two sweet fish swimming in clear flowing water. It brought the comfortable air of the early summer to my table. It reminded me of my childhood memories. Jah!




Google image search result for 鮎 ”sweet fish” >>>
http://www.google.co.jp/search?tbm=isch&hl=ja&source=hp&biw=1215&bih=683&q=%E9%AE%8E&gbv=2&oq=%E9%AE%8E&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=726l3091l0l5l5l0l0l0l0l328l1019l1.1.2.1

2 comments:

  1. It looks really delicious. I remember being served something similar at one of my tea lessons last year. Being such a beautiful piece of art it was difficult to cut and eat it. But it brings more awareness to enjoying the taste which in turn seems to connect with the bitterness of the tea.
    -------------------------------
    Japanese tea ceremony
    Blog on tea
    Tea ceremony forum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I love your comment which is from someone who has actually experienced and knows the tea ceremony. Thanks ^^

    ReplyDelete