Friday, February 25, 2011

Green tea coke??



It’s the season for strawberry!! The other day, we joined a package tour to Shizuoka for strawberry picking. Shizuoka is the biggest tea producing prefecture in Japan, which is located next to ours.



I found an interesting bottle of beverage in some shops in Shizuoka. It costs 200yen which is a little expensive for a bottle of coke or tea. It is named as Shizuoka Cola.  I believe that it’s a local drink. Green beverage is in a nostalgic-designed bottle. It has an image of Mt Fuji with tea fields on the top of the label. At the center part of it, it shows "茶 " which means tea. So, I wonder if this cola has green tea flavor.

I know there was green tea coke from coca-cola and have tried it. The taste was very much in coke and had only a little hint of green tea. (My past post: http://everyonestea.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-tried-green-tea-coke.html) This Shizuoka cola has more grotesque color. I was very much curious about it but I was not in the mood to challenge the weird drink at that time. So I didn’t try it. I’m still interested in that mysterious drink. Will you tell me if you have tried?

9 comments:

  1. What I like about a tea is its aroma. It smells so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s the season for strawberry!! The other day, we joined a package tour to Shizuoka for strawberry picking. Shizuoka is the biggest tea producing prefecture in Japan, which is located next to ours. where can i buy matcha green tea perth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that it’s a local drink. Green beverage is in a nostalgic-designed bottle. It has an image of Mt Fuji with tea fields on the top of the label.matcha powder where to buy perth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you. The water temperature has a lot to do with the taste of tea. As you mentioned, high temperature water makes the tea bitter. I am surprised to know that many Americans prepare their tea with boiling water. I thought I need to make an effort to tell more about Japanese green tea to the people overseas through this blog. Thank you! ​buy matcha powder perth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria is a nutritionist, food lover, traveler and writer who has written a number of articles relating to the beneficial properties of green tea for weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this post,And I figure that they having a great time to peruse this post,they might take a decent site to make an information,thanks for sharing it to me. Immortalitea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankyou for this wondrous post, I am glad I observed this website on yahoo.
    valve manufacturer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep up the good work , I read few posts on this web site and I conceive that your blog is very interesting and has sets of fantastic information.
    valve manufacturer

    ReplyDelete